Monday, November 11, 2013

F is for FEAR

As a mother there is always some sort of FEAR that you have for your children, even if they are not Gifted. But as a mother you have to face some of your FEARS, if you don't you never know how far your children can grow.  Just like anything in life you have to pick your battles and the same can be said of FEAR.

If every parent given the news that their child will be considered a Gifted Mind gave into their FEAR, how many of those parents would no longer be parents?  And how much would they miss out on?  FEAR is a very nasty and tricky emotion, one should always be very careful when making a decision when FEAR is involved.

I distinctly remember when I was pregnant with both of my boys praying to God that they just be healthy.  I didn't care about anything else, I just wanted them to be healthy.  My FEAR was that they would have some sort of illness like diabetes, leukemia, etc. and I didn't think I could handle that.  I've known some people who would say that God cheated me, that have Bi-Polar, Asperger's, or any mental disorder is not healthy.  I don't care.  I wouldn't change a thing about my kids.  Yes, it is hard some days to be their mother, but it is so worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment